The general settings customize your experience when using Publii, rather than changing individual websites that the app has created. There are three areas in this section, starting with a Basic Settings block that contains the following options:
- Load At Start - This option sets which of your websites will be opened when you start Publii; if there's no setting here it will load a website selection screen
- Time Format - Set your timestamps to be in 12 or 24-hour format.
- Image Resize Engine - Set which engine should handle image manipulation; Sharp is faster, but some users encounter issues with their images when this is enabled. In such cases, use Jimp, which is more stable.
- DevTools in Main Window - When enabled, this option will automatically load DevTools for troubleshooting as soon as Publii is loaded.
- Use wider scrollbars - Enables wider scrollbars in the Publii app.
The second block in this section is the Files Location block; there are two options available:
- Sites Location - Define where the files for the websites you create with Publii, including themes, are stored. This can be set to, for example, your Dropbox folder to backup your site in the cloud.
- Backups Location - Defines where backups created in the Backups section of the app are stored; again, this can be set your local cloud folder to allow for your backups to be stored online.
- Preview Location - Define where the files of the website preview are stored. Leave blank to use default preview directory.
There's also a section that displays your available themes; this is for information only as switching themes and suchlike are taken care of elsewhere in the Publii interface.