Fourth time's a charm! We're in week four of our hotfix updates for Publii, and Publii version 0.26.4 is ready for download. The most important inclusion this time around is a fix for a random app crash that some of our users have been experiencing when saving settings; if you've run into this issue make sure to grab the update as soon as possible and you can get back to working on your site, crash-free.
You can download the update package on the Publii frontpage; just run the installer and it will check for your current version and update as necessary. As well as the crash fix, there's also a few little feature additions plus some minor improvements and bugfixes; you can find out more about what's included in this release below:
Being a hotfix release with a big focus on putting a stop to random crashes, there aren't masses of new features to talk about this time around. However, there are a couple of extras that some of our users may find helpful:
- The GDPR cookie popup has had an extra behaviour option added; Badge + link, so if you want to combine the power of the popup badge and the link like some kind of privacy-policy Voltron, you can do so.
- Added an option to enable wider scrollbars; you can find this option in the general app settings.
- Implemented an additional verification of the site folder's name and site name in the site.config.json file.
Just a couple of tweaks that improve the user experience to report this week:
- Electron has been updated to version 2.0.1.
- Authors displayed in dropdown lists are now sorted alphabetically, making it easier to find who you're looking for.
What's an update without a few bugfixes? Here's what we've taken care of in this release:
- Fixed random app crashes when saving settings.
- Enabled use of multiple SEO meta-title placeholders like %sitename.
- Fixed issue with the display of long names in dropdown lists in the UI.
That's all for this release, but keep your eyes peeled for our next update, which will be coming your way soon! Don't forget to let us know if you encounter any bugs or other issues via the Publii Community Hub; bugfixing is high on our list of priorities at the moment so we'll do all we can to get things fixed up as soon as possible.