Issues with website with more than 5000 posts
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago by .
- April 29, 2020 at 8:39 am #2573nb
I’m having some problems with a new website.
I’m migrating an old website that has more than 5000 posts and 300 categories/tags. I’ve already configured the theme to my taste and after that, I add the tags and posts directly into the SQLite database/tables. It was very easy to do that and the process worked very well. I am able to render the website and all seems to work flawlessly. Except:
- The tab that shows the posts takes more than 2 minutes to list all the posts. Between that time I can’t change tab because the software is blocked. This is a big issue because the website opens in that tab and when I edit a post or create a new one I’m also redirected to that tab. All the posts are being listed (more than 5000) without pagination and this process uses more than 2GB Ram. This occurs every time I select that tab.
- The same behaviour happens in the TAGS tab, but in that case, it takes only a couple of seconds (there are only about 300).
- Another thing that I’ve noticed is that the sort by posts count column in the tags tab doesn’t seem to work.
The other tabs work just fine and the site performs very well. You have a really nice product overall.
Am I doing something wrong? Do you have any suggestions? I have a lot off sites this big that I want to migrate.
Thanks in advance!
NunoMay 4, 2020 at 9:56 pm #2632Tomasz DziudaModerator
Thank you for your feedback about non-working sort by posts count under tags – we will fix it in the nearest release.
Regarding the overall performance – to be honest – Publii was designed for smaller websites and we did not focus on such cases when user has few thousands of posts. Also due nature of the posts listing – it is not easy to implement some pagination etc. without big rewrite of the app views :/
Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!May 5, 2020 at 8:15 pm #2658nb
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I’ll use Publii for smaller projects, then. It’s really nice. 🙂
- The topic ‘Issues with website with more than 5000 posts’ is closed to new replies.