Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Custom CSS not working online

Hi! I’m using the Mercury theme. I customized style using the Tools > Custom CSS editor

I’ve syncked my website in my hosting, everything uploaded everything but it doesn’t reflect the css customization.

When I preview the website locally, everything is great, but when is online, not custom css is working.

cache?

Nope, already tried that.

Actually, I uploaded the site with the custom css already working locally (still works –locallly–), but online, it doesn’t.

Tried it in different browsers. Is just like the custome css doesn’t exist at all.

I must say I am not at all savvy in this matter, is my first time using Publii (loved it!) and english is not my native language.

Thanks for your help, in advance!

any URL?

and the screenshot of the Custom CSS area.

Thank you for your patience!

The style.css file does not contain your CSS rules (that should be attached at the end of the style.css file), so I suppose this is a server cache problem, especially since it works locally.

Ok, let me see if I understand correctly. This phrase: <span style=”color: #0000ff;”>”The style.css file does not contain your CSS rules (that should be attached at the end of the style.css file)”</span> means that, when I sync my site to my web server, Publii puts my custom rules at the end of the CSS file ¿right?

And, since those rule are not there, that means I should contact my hosting provider, and they are the one that might help me solving the caché problem?

[anonymous] wrote:

when I sync my site to my web server, Publii puts my custom rules at the end of the CSS file

Exactly yes.

The only thing that worries me, and sorry for insisting is that the custom rules where there BEFORE I ever uploaded the site, so there is no previous version of the css style (the “original”).

I¡ve attached the style.css I have in my Documents/Publii/sites… (etc.) local folder

OK, Bob!

I manually uploaded the style.css file and everything is working now.

Thank you so much for your help.

I’m proceeding to donate.

Cheers!

The style.css file is built from the following files: main.css + visual-override.js + custom.css.

So, the custom.css rules should be located at the end of the style.css – if it works for you locally all work as should.

Thank you for your donation, I really appreciate it.