Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

0.37.1 – Website sync fails

Publii 0.37.1 -> Sync your website -> Uploading Website (231 of 359 operations done) -> nothing happens any more

This problem occurred first, after I changed the sever settings because of an new domain (it is is the same provider as before).

Cancel -> “A JavaScript error orrured in the main process”

Please check your Tools -> Log viewer -> there should be a few connection logs which can contain more details about the problem/

“connection-files-log-to-delete” is empty

“connection-files-log-to-uplaod” nothing noticeable:

“[{“path”:”/media/website/skipper_in_kajuete.jpg”,”type”:”file”},{“path”:”/media/website/responsive/skipper_in_kajuete-xxxl.jpg”,”type”:”file”}, […] ,{“path”:”tag”,”type”:”directory”},{“path”:”di”,”type”:”directory”}]”

no more connection files

Capture-décran-2020-10-13-à-01.59.54

Same version of Publii and in my case it now hangs at Uploading website (right after Connected to the website). Nothing in the FTP parameters has changed.

Since logs have no timestamps, there’s little they can teach me…

Once I press Cancel, I’m getting the error in the attached image.

@jpb @rkr – please check deployment-errors and deployment-process log files under Tools -> Log viewer – maybe they will contain some more details about your problems.

rendering-errors.log

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘id’ of undefined
    at render (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\node_modules\publii-block-editor\src\components\default-blocks\publii-header\render.js:2:38)
    at Function.parse (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\text-renderers\blockeditor.js:17:36)
    at Function.parseText (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\helpers\content.js:140:33)
    at Function.prepareContent (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\helpers\content.js:42:38)
    at PostItem.prepareData (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\items\post.js:38:42)
    at new PostItem (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\items\post.js:19:14)
    at C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\renderer-cache.js:328:27
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at RendererCache.getPosts (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\renderer-cache.js:326:23)
    at RendererCache.create (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\renderer-cache.js:38:14)
    TypeError: Cannot read property ‘id’ of undefined
    at render (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\node_modules\publii-block-editor\src\components\default-blocks\publii-header\render.js:2:38)
    at Function.parse (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\text-renderers\blockeditor.js:17:36)
    at Function.parseText (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\helpers\content.js:140:33)
    at Function.prepareContent (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\helpers\content.js:42:38)
    at PostItem.prepareData (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\items\post.js:38:42)
    at new PostItem (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\items\post.js:19:14)
    at C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\renderer-cache.js:328:27
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at RendererCache.getPosts (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\renderer-cache.js:326:23)
    at RendererCache.create (C:\Users\braun\AppData\Local\Programs\Publii\resources\app.asar\back-end\modules\render-html\renderer-cache.js:38:14)

@jpb – it looks like you have a problem during rendering of the posts, but then you shouldn’t get sync in progress. Maybe it is an old error.

Do you have any records under deployment-* log files?

deployment-errors.log is empty

deployment-process.log is quite long. I will start at line 3680

[parser] < ‘226 Transfer complete\r\n’
    [parser] Response: code=226, buffer=’Transfer complete’
    UPL C:/Users/braun/OneDrive/Publii/sailing-and-cycling/output/media/posts/7/responsive/sea-3572237_1920-xl.jpg -> /media/posts/7/responsive/sea-3572237_1920-xl.jpg
    [connection] > ‘PASV’
    [connection] < ‘227 Entering Passive Mode (85,13,161,90,195,150).\r\n’
    [parser] < ‘227 Entering Passive Mode (85,13,161,90,195,150).\r\n’
    [parser] Response: code=227, buffer=’Entering Passive Mode (85,13,161,90,195,150).’
    [connection] PASV socket connected
    [connection] > ‘STOR /media/posts/7/responsive/sea-3572237_1920-xs.jpg’
    [connection] < ‘150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for /media/posts/7/responsive/sea-3572237_1920-xs.jpg\r\n’
    [parser] < ‘150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for /media/posts/7/responsive/sea-3572237_1920-xs.jpg\r\n’
    [parser] Response: code=150, buffer=’Opening BINARY mode data connection for /media/posts/7/responsive/sea-3572237_1920-xs.jpg’
    [connection] < ‘226 Transfer complete\r\n’
    [parser] < ‘226 Transfer complete\r\n’
    [parser] Response: code=226, buffer=’Transfer complete’
    UPL C:/Users/braun/OneDrive/Publii/sailing-and-cycling/output/media/posts/7/responsive/sea-3572237_1920-xs.jpg -> /media/posts/7/responsive/sea-3572237_1920-xs.jpg
    [connection] > ‘PASV’
    – – – FTP ERROR – – –
    Error: read ECONNRESET
    at TLSWrap.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:201:27) {
    errno: ‘ECONNRESET’,
    code: ‘ECONNRESET’,
    syscall: ‘read’
    }
    – – – – – – – – – – –
    – – – FTP CONNECTION CLOSED – – –
    false
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Still the same problem with Publii 0.37.2.

This problem occurred first, after I changed the sever settings because of an new domain (it is is the same provider as before).

@jpb – the sync stops always on the same moment? Or in random moments of sync?

It stops always at the same moment.

“231 of 359 operations done”

Every time!

Could you send me a link to a backup of your website in a private reply? I will check if the same problem occurs on my machine

@jpb – it must be something wrong with your hosting or with your internet connection. I was able to upload your website to my hosting without any issues. If you want – you can provide me a temporary password in a private reply and then I will try to sync your website from my computer to check if it is an issue with your hosting or your internet connection.

@jpb – as you can see on your website – I was able to sync it without any problems. It must be something wrong with your internet connection or your router security settings – maybe you have to strict firewall settings set?

I believe your problem is with Microsoft OneDrive. I had the same issue myself and then I switched to hosting and saving the websites on my actual PC and the sync air went away. I realize and understand the benefit of using one try but for me and messed it up so now I sync my website like normal and the just copied over to OneDrive for backup purposes. I suggest to try that and see if that works.

Thank you @Tomasz. The problem seems to be OneDrive, as @scotdill mentioned.

• Copying the files from OneDrive to the local computer fails.
    • Creating a backup in Publii fails (“Creating backup …” never stops)
    • Changing “Sites location” to local in Publii fails (“An error accured during Saving the Apps Settings. Please try again”)

… ???

Its hard but keep trying.

What I did was copy the site within publii, then take that copy from one drive and copy to pc.

Then change the dir of publii site.. if that doesn’t work uninstall and reinstall with default settings then you should be good

I already tried copying the site within Publii. It also failed. It’s quite frustrating. I will unistall Publii an reinstall it again. Let’s see …

The reinstalling ends with an error message. I am a little bit confused.

Uninstall.

Search your computer for publii and delete everything on the computer ( DO not delete the publii sites folder on one drive… )

Then try again.

You may have to run regedit and remove from there too

Thank you. This was my mistake.

I was able to Download a zip Version of the folder from Microsoft OneDrive.

Now everything works again!

Maybe there should be a Warning: “Don’t use OneDrive!”.

Thanks for your help!

(Disabling e-mail notification. Sorry, need to post a message to do this.)

Problem solved