Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Way to seperate tags using a character such as a comma or semi-colon

Hello!

I’m excited to be one of the first posters on the new support channel!

I need to copy tags from Excel to Publii. I’ve tried separating each tag with a comma or a semi-colon with no luck. It looks like this used to work according to this post https://publii.ticksy.com/ticket/1880187/

I have the opposite need as that user… I don’t need my tags to contain commas, I need commas (or any other character) to separate them. Is this possible?

Thank you

Hello Id,

Can you give me an example of what it should look like?

Sure.

Say I need to add 5 tags to my post, they are “recipes, bread, flour, eggs, oven”

I want to be able to copy these tags from somewhere else and add them all at once to Publii.

This is how it behaves right now:

It tries to add the whole string as one tag. The only way to add these 5 tags separately would be to copy them one by one and press the “add this as a new tag” button which is too time consuming for me.

This is what I want to happen when I copy that string in:

This is the way WordPress behaves, and the way most other software behaves (email client separates emails with ;, etc..). It looks like Publii used to have this behaviour too (according to the post I linked) but it was removed.

I’m afraid this is not possible right now.

Thanks for confirming. I hope this can be added in the future.