Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Synchronizing website has to regenerate enter website every time

I’m wondering why Publii has to regenerate the entire website including all posts and page every time I want to sync it. Would it not make sense to only change the pages / posts that need changing? It’s super inefficient to have to wait 5-10 minutes every time I want to publish one post.

Hi,

It depends on the elements you use on the website, e.g. if you use related posts, Publii generates them every time, so the content of the files changes.

Have a look at the “How to speed up rendering process?”  article, it will help you optimize the rendering process.

PS/ 5-10minutes? How many posts do you generate?

We have about 2700 posts on CMS Critic. I was attempting to see if Publii would be a good fit but everything from the sync process to the upload process takes ages. I’ll attempt to turn off amp and related posts to see how much that changes things but those are rather critical components that I’d prefer to use.

That way the static site works; Publii has to generate all pages and then send them all to the server.
    We can add an option to generate for example the last 10 posts, but what if you add a new menu item or script to the website?
    Generally, Publii is a tool dedicated to small blogs or portfolio websites; if you do not post every day I think 5-10min. it’s not a short time and hard to bear, in the meantime you can drink a coffee 🙂