Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Statistics ?

DO you have or do you plan to insert a place for statistics of visit inside ?

Can I insert Google analytics or any competitor ?

Thanks

Dominique

Hello Dperarna,

You can add Google Analytics by adding the Google Analytics code to the the partial that contains the HTML code of the head of the theme that you are using. I used the Starter theme and I had to add the code to the head.hbs partial.

Good luck,

Verhoeckx

So inside the code, editing myself ?

Thank you.

Yes, exactly!

It’s also possible that a theme already has added this functionality. In that case there should be a setting in the Theme settings. If not: add it yourself :-)!

Just use the Custom HTML tool.

You are right! That’s much easier to use! I forgot that option.

I’m trying to use goatcounter. It specifies “inserting just before the closing </body> tag”.”

If I’m using the Custom HTML Tool, which should I select?

I just looked at the code of in the Starter theme:

<body>
        {{!-- Insert some custom code by Custom HTML tool --}}
        {{{@bodyCustomCode}}}

{{!-- Insert some custom code by Custom HTML tool --}}
        {{{@footerCustomCode}}}
    </body>

Conclusion: when you add code to the Body (in the HTML Yool) the code is inserted just after the opening tag of the body element and if you add code to the Footer (again in the HTML Tool) the code is inserted just before the closing tag of the body element.

[anonymous] wrote:

I just looked at the code of in the Starter theme:

Conclusion: when you add code to the Body (in the HTML Yool) the code is inserted just after the opening tag of the body element and if you add code to the Footer (again in the HTML Tool) the code is inserted just before the closing tag of the body element.

Thanks. I should have mentioned that I’m using the Mercury theme. Either way, I wasn’t sure if I should be editing the theme directly.

I got it to work by putting it in the footer.