Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Server Migration

I’m hosting my Publii generated site on GitHub Pages but would like to move it to a Raspberry Pi on my home network. (Just because I can, and would like to learn how to do it.) 😉

I’d like to perform sufficient testing on the Pi before I make it live, using my current site content.

Is it possible to sync a Publii site with two server instances while I get everything set up? If I switch the Server Sync settings, will it reset the sync state with GithHub Pages?

Thanks in advance.

[anonymous] wrote:

Is it possible to sync a Publii site with two server instances while I get everything set up? If I switch the Server Sync settings, will it reset the sync state with GithHub Pages?

Thanks in advance.

FYI – I tried copying the contents of the output directory to my Pi but every SFTP request delivered a “file not found” error.

Hi,

The Github Pages are synced based on file changes – there are no “sync state”. So you can switch e.g. to manual deploy and then come back to Github Pages as a deployment method.

Great. Thanks for the quick reply.