Questions on a paid for theme
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 months, 2 weeks ago by .
- October 18, 2019 at 3:26 pm #563scottac30
Hi there, first of all I just wanted to say that Publii is a great idea and seems to be hitting that sweet spot – keep up the good work.
I have a couple of questions on the prodocs paid theme before I commit to buying it:
- Is it possible to set a custom homepage (that isn’t a post). Essentially I would like to have quite a different looking homepage, I’m happy to create this in HTML, CSS and JS but didn’t know if this was possible with this these/Publii? If so, where would i start?
- The current “Search documentation” function on the preview seems to be powered by algolia, how does this work once the theme is downloaded? If I’m not able to purchase algolia, what are my options?
- What are the image and video upload options within this theme? I can’t find any examples on the live preview?
- How many levels into the sitemap/IA does the side navigation go? On the preview, I can see that it goes 3 levels (Sidebar menu examples -> Basic Items -> Author page). What happens on levels further than this? How does it visually look?
- When considering the mobile view, when several levels deep into the menu e.g https://getpublii.com/themes/demo/prodocs/handlebars-helpers/ the user cannot tell how far into the structure they are because the menu is hidden. Is it possible to include breadcrumbs within this theme? (this is less of a concern on the desktop because the user can see where they are in the structure because of the always visible menu)
ScottOctober 18, 2019 at 3:42 pm #565BobSupport
Answering your qustions:
- You can override any of the Publii pages by editing the source code of the theme files e.g. index.hbs https://getpublii.com/dev/theme-overrides/
In addition, you can create multiple posts and tag templates, and then assign them to any tag or post. https://getpublii.com/dev/how-to-create-custom-templates/
- Instead Agolia, you can use built-in Google Custom Search
- Pictures and videos are displayed into a post in the normal way:
- You can create as many menu levels as you like and it will look like:
- Publii does not offer breadcrumb functionality, but there is a way to create it, what I describe here https://publii.ticksy.com//ticket/2110215/
Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!October 18, 2019 at 4:16 pm #573scottac30
Really appreciate the quick and detailed response, that’s great – I’m sure you’ll be having a new customer soon 🙂
ScottOctober 18, 2019 at 4:22 pm #575BobSupport
Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!
- The topic ‘Questions on a paid for theme’ is closed to new replies.