Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Question on WordPress import

Hi,

I’ve successfully imported over 700 posts from a WordPress blog into Publii 0.35.3 using the default Simple Theme. Generally, most things worked fine. One issue with the image import is that anything in a WordPress gallery doesn’t import. On import, the individual images did import, but not the translation from WP to Publii image gallery.

It would be great if WP import could handle gallery conversion better. Am I missing something?

The import logs show no errors.

I get a post resulting in variations of this:

gallery ids="25957,25956,25955,25954,25953,25952,25950,25951" type="rectangular" link="file"

Thanks!

Hi,

At this moment we do not support galleries in the WXR import. We will consider in the future if it will be possible to support it 🙂

At this moment we do not support galleries in the WXR import.

To quote Bert, “yes”. 😉

Since they aren’t supported, would it be possible to not dump the text from the gallery into the post? I’d rather the gallery just be missing then have the gallery ids from WordPress dumped into the post.
    Thanks!