Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Publii app not picking up site from Publii > sites folder

I made a website for my Professor using Publii on my PC, zipped up the folder and transferred it onto his computer (Mac OS).
    I then installed Publii app on his Mac, and unzipped the contents of the website I had built into his Documents > Users > USERNAME > Publii > sites folder.

I then launched Publii app and checked that App settings files location was infact pointing to the Publii sites folder.
    I was able to view the website in the opening page upon launching Publii. However upon clicking into it, I was unable to view the Posts / Menus / Tags etc…

The error said something like “Publii app encountered an error while loading this website”.
    Wondering what I am doing wrong and how I can get it to work.

Appreciate any clarification!

NOTE: I had an STFP connection already setup on my PC when I zipped up the website folder. Does this impact things at all?

Hi,

Could you attach your website backup in the private reply? Unfortunately your description does not allow me to point any possible reason.