Sign in

Publii 0.36 Prerelease 3; come help us make it better!

• This topic has 21 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by .
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BobBob
    Support

Publii Prerelease 3 is now available to our testers; in this release, the following changes have been implemented:

Read more about the 0.36 Prerelease 1, and Prerelease 2 version.

New Feature: Add a file from File Manager

This feature adds a new link type to the Insert/Edit Link option; File from File Manager. When creating a link, you will see this option in the available link types. It also comes with an additional attribute, ‘Download’ which, when enabled, will force the file to be downloaded instead of displaying it in the browser.

screenshot-2020-01-27-o-10.28.42

Block Editor Changes

The block editor has been the focus of this update, so there’s been a few changes and additions:

1. Added an option to insert a new block below an existing block; mouse over a block and you will see the ‘Add’ icon appear.
    2. Removed the ‘Edit Block’ title in editing mode.
    3. The placeholder in the post title is now removed when the field is focused.
    4. Removed Block-type selection icon in editing mode.
    5. Block-to-paragraph conversion now creates a “<br>” tag (new line).
    Other Improvements
    1. Clicking enter when focused on the post title field moves the cursor to the editor’s main body field.
    2. Sidebar status on the editing post screen is now saved i.e. if the sidebar is displayed when the Post editor is closed, it will still be displayed when you next open a post.
    3. WXR file upload ((WordPress Importer) )now detects invalid XML files and returns an error.
    4. Fixed issues with file/directory selection fields – they didn’t work properly in Prerelease 2, which messed up a lot of things e.g. Global Settings.
    5. Fixed incorrect height of the Source code editor when the ‘Find and replace’ area was enabled.
    6. UI/UX changes.
    7. General dark mode improvements.

There are a few important things we’d like you to know:

1. The Block Editor included in this release is only supported by the Simple theme; obviously this won’t be the case for the full release, but during this initial testing phase you’ll need to install and use the Simple theme version 2.1.0.0.
    2. While technically this release works like any previous Publii release, we strongly recommend that it is not used to build any live projects. For testing purposes, we suggest creating a new test website using the Simple theme only.
    3. Posts written in the Block or Markdown Editor in this release are only compatible with the current version of Publii; creating a post in the prerelease version and then rolling back to the current beta version, 3.5.x, will cause the post to crash and become uneditable.

If you want to help us with testing the Publii Prerelease 3, you may download it right now:

1. macOS – Publii-0.36.0-prerelease-3.dmg
    2. Windows – Publii-0.36.0-prerelease-3.exe
    3. Linux – Publii-0.36.0-prerelease-3.deb, Publii-0.36.0-prerelease-3.rpm, Publii-0.36.0-prerelease-3.AppImage

--
    Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!

Verhoeckx

First: thank you for this wonderful content management system :-)!

Feedback prerelease 3:

System: Fedora 31 (Silverblue edition)

• The button Save Settings in Global Settings doesn’t work. When I press on the button nothing happens.
    • By default Publii is installed in the Documents directory. It would be great if that could be changed easily.
    • Block editor:
      • Nothing happens when I press on the plus button at the left side of the editor.
      • Only the header block has a text label (when hovering). The other (image, gallery, etc.) don’t.
      • Adding an image does work now! Yeah!
      • Adding a gallery also works!
      • Is it possible to add a double click on a block to open the block editor? I noticed I tried to do that.
      • I have to double click twice to remove a block? This is intended to prevent people from accidentally remove a block?
    • Themes:
      • Suggestion: replace the button “Get more themes” with a button to select a zip-file to install a theme. The text on the button could be: “Select theme file to install a theme”. The link “Get more themes” is, in my opinion, not really necessary.
    • Let me know if there is something that you would like me to test specifically!
    Verhoeckx

When I link to an image with the new ‘Add a file from File Manager’ feature and click on Preview the following address is generated:

file:///var/home/[home directory]/Documents/Publii/sites/[name website]/preview/preview.html#INTERNAL_LINK#/file/[name image file]

The image can’t be found so I think the link is incorrect or the image is not copied to the right directory.

I added the brackets for privacy reasons. The name of the home directory, name of the website and the file name (with extension) were correct.

“/var/home/” is also correct because I use Fedora Silverblue (ostree based).

TinyBatz

Amazing Work! Thank you Bob.

yuri018

Hallo zusammen!

Ich Teste die neue Version 0,36. Wenn Sie einen Artikel mit dem WYSIWYG-Editor erstellen, können Sie keinen Titel schreiben, sodass der Artikel nicht gespeichert wird. BLOCK-Editor und MARKDOWN-редактор funktionieren gut.

Tut mir Leid – ich benutze einen übersetzer.

BobBob
    Support

@yuri018 What version of Publii and of the operating system are you using?

--
    Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!

yuri018

@yuri018 какую версию Publii и операционной системы вы используете?

v.0.36.0 (build 12631) Prerelease 3

OC Windows 10

BobBob
    Support

v.0.36.0 (build 12631) Prerelease 3 OC Windows 10

I’ve checked it on Windows 10 and can’t reproduce your issue. Are you sure that this problem is on the Publii end?

--

yuri018

Ich habe die Version 0.36 nicht installiert, sondern von der Version 0.35 aktualisiert. Vielleicht gibt es deshalb ein Problem?

sagakomsagakom

amazing feature, if you dont mind, is it possible add cart or ecommerce function into this amazing CMS?

Verhoeckx

@Sagakom:

For a web shop or an e-commerce website you need a dynamic website. In other words: a website that runs on the servers and is build with PHP, Java or Node.js. Publii is static website generator and CMS that is installed on the desktop. When you publish a website with Publii only static code (HTML and CSS) and client-side code (JavaScript) is pushed to the server. So with Publii alone it’s not possible to create a web shop or an e-commerce website. Having said that: maybe there is an online service with which you can embed web shop or e-commerce functionality into the static website?

Hopefully this comment is helpful to you.

BobBob
    Support

Hi guys,

I have good news for you, after releasing the first stable Publii version we have a plan to implement eCommerce functionality,
    we will surely support Snipecart https://snipcart.com/blog/publii-static-cms-html

--

Verhoeckx

Very interesting! I’m definitely going to read that page!

You have a lot of plans with Publii :-)!

sagakomsagakom

Hi guys,

I have good news for you, after releasing the first stable Publii version we have a plan to implement eCommerce functionality,

we will surely support Snipecart https://snipcart.com/blog/publii-static-cms-html

Awesome and amazing solution!!!

Im using ecwid because has flexibility and freemium. Support custom payments, local bank transfer, and there’s no 2% fee for freemium.

So far i looking for ecwid alternative but still can’t find.

sagakomsagakom

My web https://buatwebapp.my.id/ using Publii and Ecwid

gpsbluesgpsblues

Hello,

thanks for the excellent work!

I find the overlapping sidebar annoying. I’d prefer a fixed sidebar like the Hide/View Stats.
    The link to the file manager is great!

TinyBatz

Bravo Bob, more excellent features for an already great piece of software.

The “add from file” picker is super useful.

SnipKart and E-commerce Support is a huge advance, further broadening it’s appeal.

interartixinterartix

Hello Bob,

Sorry for my bad english.
    Very grateful for the incredible work they are doing.

Can the new editor use sections and columns to organize the blocks?

Best regards

baregipa

TinyBatz

as you connected snipcart to publii, it doesn’t work for me.

Verhoeckx

Where is prerelease 4 🙂 ?

BobBob
    Support

Where is prerelease 4 🙂 ?

It will be available today.

--

Verhoeckx

Yeah 🙂 !!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.