Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Publi does not update startpage pages

Hello,

Publi does upload my startpage to the server, but the changes are not visible in the webbrowser. (It is not a cache problem.)

For the start page I had to copy the file /page/6/index.html manually to the root folder to make the changes visible.

Also the same page is visible under /, “index.html” and “/page/6/index.html” what can be a duplicate content problem.

In the sitemap you can see, that there are zero images counted, although there are many images on the startpage.

I am using the latest version of publii.

Do you have any idea what is the problem here?

I recognized also that the latest image that I uploaded on the startpage is located at /media/posts/1/…

Is there maybe something mixed up?

And also in the source code are references for rel-next and rel-prev to /page/6/ and /page/5/. A SEO audit also discovered that there are references to /page/3/ and other aliases for the startpage.

What are you talking about?  Any URL, site backup?

This reply has been marked as private.
    [anonymous] wrote:

I regagnized this problem because publi is not updating my startpage automaticly.

It’s not a Pubii problem, check your cache, maybe you are using something like cloudflare.com, I don’t know. But I’m sure the problem is not with the app.

In terms of the pagination issue – you are displaying the selected post on the homepage, so in Theme Settings – Basic settings – set 0 or 1 value in the “Post per page” filed. It should help.

Why do you think this is a cache problem? From my perspective it is definitly not possbile that this is a cache problem.

I don’t use cloudflare. It is a simple managed webhosting.

Have you checked all the aliases? The startpage should not be visible under different urls.

[anonymous] wrote:

Why do you think this is a cache problem. From my perspective it is definitly not possbile that this is a cache problem.

Because I work with Publii every day and I have no problems with that, as well as many other people.

[anonymous] wrote:

Have you checked all the aliases? The startpage should not be visible under different urls

Set 0 value for the“Post per page” field under the Theme Settings – Basic settings.  Also, go to the Site Settings – SEO – and in the Frontpage section,  disable homepage pagination indexing.

Homepage pagination was already disabled. I enabled it and disabled it again.

Nevertheless, that worked!

Thank you!

Good to hear that.

Thank you for your donation, I really appreciate that.