Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Overrides being Overwritten

Hello,

Hoping I can get some assistance here. New to Publii, and am loving it so far. CMS-like functionality in a static site, without a database, is something I was looking for, and this is exactly what I wanted.

However, I’ve run into a roadblock that I can’t seem to work out.

Basically, I’m trying to set up an override for the style.css, for the technews theme.

I have the following setup, inside my themes folder:
    ~siteslocation~\input\themes\technews-override\assets\css

I have the style.css saved in there. I made sure it’s not set to read-only (it was previously, but fixed the permissions/ownership on it, so it’s fine now).

So… I’m trying to change the background color for the “u-header” class from #fff to a darker gray color.

I edit the file, save.. and will re-open the file to make sure it’s still saved correctly (it is).

However, when I click “preview site” in Publii, the background of “u-header” is reverting to white. When I reopen the style.css file, it’s set back to #fff.

Isn’t the whole point of the overrides to, well, override the default theme settings? Why is it overwriting that file? It seems to defeat the purpose of having overrides, no?

I’m putting this in General Inquiry, because I don’t know if it qualifies as a bug. If it is, then perhaps an admin can move it to that area.

Either way, any help here is appreciated.

Thanks!

-TwoCats

So, I think I figured it out.
    Seems you have to make CSS changes through the tools> custom CSS option, not through an override.

Will leave this here in case it can be helpful to anyone else with the same question.