Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Option to disable navbar visiblity when scrolling up

Currently there doesn’t appear to be an option to disable this functionality. It would be nice to have an option for the navbar be stationary at the top of the page. The up arrow that appears allows quick access to the top of a page which negates the need for the floating navbar in my case. Also, as I have a transparent navbar, while scrolling up occasionally a person may try to click a link that is actually covered by the invisible bar; rendering it unclickable and confusing.

A toggle placed in `Theme > Navbar` labeled “Navbar visible while scrolling” is the desired functionality.

If there is a quick alternative method of accomplishing this as a stopgap I’m happy to hear it!

I think you can do it yourself as it is related to the theme, just a few lines of JS and CSS code.

Any chance you can point me in the right direction? I don’t have much experience with JS.

Hi part4,

You can add the following to Tools->Custom CSS:

header.is-visible
    {
      position: relative !important;
    }

That will force the navbar to stay at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Michael

Many thanks Michael!