Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Newsletter form in QF theme

What am I supposed to do with that to make it work? In the footer settings for the theme, there’s the Newsletter control which can be enabled or disabled, and there’s a text-area with:

<form>…

If the Form control is enabled, the frontpage shows some text (“Get the latest QF news, updates and more delivered
    directly to your email inbox”) which cannot be changed in the settings (How do I change that?) and then it shows the “…” or whatever you write instead of the periods. I don’t get it.

If I disable the Newsletter in the settings, then it all goes away, of course.

Thanks a lot

Well you’ll need a form provider like tinyletter and embed the form.

Got a 403 when trying to post the detailed reply:
    <h2>403 Forbidden</h2>
    A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site.

<hr />

Generated by Wordfence at Wed, 5 Feb 2020 13:01:52 GMT.

[anonymous] wrote:

Well you’ll need a form provider like tinyletter and embed the form.

Got a 403 when trying to post the detailed reply:

<h2>403 Forbidden</h2>

A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site.

<hr />

Generated by Wordfence at Wed, 5 Feb 2020 13:01:52 GMT.

Thanks, I see, so the QF theme doesn’t really provide a form, it just provides the possibility for you to include it within its settings, so to speak. I guess I’ll follow these instructions then:

https://getpublii.com/docs/make-newsletter-form-functional-and-visually-appealing.html