Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

My theme is not being generated after some while

I had Publii on my radar for a while and gave it a go some days ago and so far I’m very satisfied, what can be accomplished with this tool.

But I got stuck in rendering themes when modifying it. First it was the mercury, now the blank theme where at a certain point the pages will render but not the changes in the theme. I got no errors or something else. Just no theme changes.

Big question mark – why? Didn’t this happen to anybody yet?

[anonymous] wrote:

But I got stuck in rendering themes when modifying it

So you made some changes or not? I suppose that yes.

Yes I did and it worked out till a certain point I cannot reproduce

So, what I can suggest is to undo step by step all changes.  Strange, there should be any error message.

Okay, I guessed that I have to do this unfortunately…

But thanks for your response. If I catch the error, I’ll try to remeber to post it here for future reference.

You can also try to detect which file is corrupted by commenting the whole content of .hbs file by file.

This is a good idea, thanks!

Very frustrating – I did as you proposed but it rendered anything as if there was nothing happening.

I then again started fresh with the blank theme, copied everything to the newly installed theme, rendered again, got a nice and shiny updated theme but then again it failed to render changes.

After that I did it step by step but to no avail.
    And after that I removed the appimage, downloaded and “installed” it again, made some baby steps – first render ok, after the second – nothing happens.

Slowly but shurely I think I give up… although I really would love to use publii.