Is Publii suited to content heavy sites?
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 2 weeks ago by .
- December 8, 2019 at 2:18 pm #945naalane
As the title says ‘Is Publii suited to content heavy sites?’
(and I guess the same question for static sites in general – previously used a flat file CMS – really like the look of Publii, so wondering how well static sites scale)
What do I mean by content heavy?
Two examples, curious if a static site is suited in both these cases, I worry about the impact over time if there is a lot of content.
– a blog with maybe 5 to 7 posts per day, potentially thousands of posts on the site over time. (Editorial theme, with images included on posts)
– a list/archive type site, again with potentially thousands of entries over time (Documentation theme, mostly text, little or no images on the site)
Thanks!December 9, 2019 at 5:21 am #952BobSupport
Publii is dedicated and more oriented for the small blog, portfolios website. There is no problem with building an extensive blog but you have to remember that the rendering process of thousands of posts may take some time.
Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!December 9, 2019 at 10:43 am #954naalane
Hi Bob, thanks for the info and feedback.
With regards to ‘paid’ themes like Editorial or Documentation – do these have to be purchased first or is there any way to compare and play around with them within Publii before purchasing one?December 9, 2019 at 10:58 am #955BobSupport
We do not offer the trial version of commercial themes. You can see/check how the Publii themes work by using one of the free themes like Simple, Tattoo or Technews.
Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!December 9, 2019 at 11:16 am #956naalane
Great, thanks again.
- The topic ‘Is Publii suited to content heavy sites?’ is closed to new replies.