Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Importing content from Wix

Hi guys!!

SO AMAZING what you have made really! It’s so good, efficient, well documented, simple and just works…

I’ve been a web developer for 7 years, and I think this is a moment where we should celebrate 🙂

Anyways, I’m going to move my dear friend Will’s website to another solution and I’m almost personally convinced that it should be with Publii… You should check what he’s doing, it’s amazing: grassrootseconomics.org

His current site is built with Wix, and for me it’s no problem to import pages manually. But I thought I’d give you a shout as I think this, by all means, won’t be the only site to be imported from Wix…

Are you in thoughts of doing something like the WP importer – like Wix importer?? It’d be great I think!

Regards,

Emin

Hi,

Thank you for the warm words about Publii 🙂

At this moment we have no plans for such importer (mainly due many other important features to do), maybe if the amount of requests will increase – we will try to prepare it 🙂

The only solution which I see is following:

1) Export your Wix site to empty WordPress instance: https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/wix-to-wordpress/

2) Then prepare WXR file from that WordPress

In my opinion it should be enough at this moment 🙂

Yes, Wix unfortunately does not wanna make it easy to get out of them. They obviously wanna lock in users, which I pity.

The only way it seems to get the posts via RSS feed like in this article, which will surely help us… Though pages have to be migrated manually…

Thanks though!