Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Images are getting Chopped

Hi Folks, I have been struggling with posting images. I moved to the latest per-release, still the same.

I use Mercury theme. I set the Featured image to Wide, that works fine.

Inserted image to Wide in the body of the post, i.e  content. The images are then chopped to the width of the Content (or randomly) set in the Theme settings. The only alternative that I found is to set Content to the same width as the Page but them the text is too wide.

Can you please give me ANY ideas?

Any live example?

I don’t have a live site, I am juts trying to publish a proper post first, here is a screenshot how the second image ( first is Feature is getting chopped in odd shapes). Both set to “wide” class.

attach your website backup (in PM), I will check it tomorrow morning.

PM is a Private Reply?

yeap.

max file here 5 mb backup 38 mb? can you clarify what folder would you like me to copy?

I need an input folder, if it is still too large, use e.g. https://wetransfer.com/

Sorry, what is an input folder, I don’t see any in the directory?

Documents ▸ ⁨Publii⁩ ▸ ⁨sites⁩ ▸ ⁨YOUR_SITE ▸ ⁨input⁩

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi,
    I’ve checked it before and seems like there is a small bug, the `.post__entry` class has set the overflow property to hidden what means that any overflow will be hidden within the boundaries of the container.

Just add, via the CSS Custom Tool,  the following rule:

.post__entry {
        overflow: unset;
    }

Thanks, now images are shown correctly but text spills over outside of the content width. What you call a container.

If you use a long string without spaces, yes, it can look not very nice,  but this it’s an unnatural way of writing.

If you want to break the line, you can expand the previous part of the code with a new rule:

.post__entry {
        overflow: unset;
        line-break: anywhere;
    }

thank you!