Image doesn’t refresh
- This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 3 weeks ago by .
- February 14, 2020 at 10:25 am #1727Mathias
A small bug which I’ve noticed a long time ago but never bothered to report.
- Start a new post
- Enter an image in the post or as featured image
- You realize you still need to edit the image a little bit and remove it & edit it outside Publii.
- Now, enter the same image again: your changes will not be reflected. Publii caches the old version of the image.
Workaround: change the filename (eg. add _v2)
No big deal really, but if you have some time to fix it, would be great!February 14, 2020 at 11:51 am #1728ajeet
I have witnessed this many times, even today 🙂 but due to lazyness, i never posted it here.
I am not worried about featured image but the images in the post should be taken care of.February 15, 2020 at 8:27 am #1734karlchen
what exactly is a “featured image” ?
I didn’t find anything about it in the documentation and it doesn’t appear in the page code either
You must be logged in to access attached files.February 15, 2020 at 8:56 am #1736ajeet
You correctly pointed out in your screenshot. That’s the place for featured image in Post imageFebruary 15, 2020 at 9:01 am #1737karlchen
but what is it good for, where does it appear ?February 15, 2020 at 7:58 pm #1738Mathias
That depends on the theme. For Simple, eg., it’s the big picture at the top of the page (see screenshot).
You must be logged in to access attached files.February 15, 2020 at 8:09 pm #1740karlchen
Ah, i see, thank you.
I thought maybe it had something to do with the thumbnails in the google search (mobile view),
actually I had hoped that 🙁
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.