Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

HELP – rendering process failed

Good morning, everybody,

I’m doing the first test with Publii on Windows 10 but I have a problem with the first page already!
    I installed the program and defined the directories for the sites and the previews.
    The problem is that doing the preview of a very simple page with the title and a few lines of text I get this error message: rendering process filed – Checkout the rendering-errors.log and render-process.log files under Tools -> Log viewer. They are empty.

Making a second test with another site instead the error is this one:
    rendering process failed – An error (1002) occurred during parsing post.hbs file.
    ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘E:E:SITESashramInput.js’.

By the way, I followed a video guide on YouTube step by step, yet it seems to happen only to me.
    Can you suggest a solution?
    Thank you and best regards
    Fabio

Hello HackingFabio,

What happens if you keep the default directories for the sites and preview locations? Do you get the same errors? Or do they disappear?

Verhoeckx

Hello Verhoeckx,

I tried as you suggested but the problem persisted.
    At the end of the fourth installation it gave me a new problem with the name of a file it couldn’t find.
    An “s” was missing, I renamed the file and now everything works!

Since you will read this answer to ask you two questions, first: is it possible to change the color of the tags? The second one: I can’t understand if the sites are automatically responsive.
    I hope you can answer me 🙂
    thank you!

Hello HackingFabio,

All the themes available on getpublii are responsive by default so you won’t have to do anything. You can try it when viewing a webpage: just press CTRL + SHIFT + M (on Google Chrome you need to press F12 first) and choose the device that you want (for example iPhone, iPad or Pixel 2 XL).

About your first question: what do you mean by changing the color of the tags? Where are the tags visible? Which theme do you use?

You write that a ‘s’ was missing at the end of a file. If this file was part of a theme you could report it here on the forum as bug?

Verhoeckx

Hi,

It’s been a few days so I don’t really remember well, it could be “scripts” inside themes.
    the “s” was missing
    thanks 🙂

Which theme did you use?

I’m sorry but too much time had passed and I couldn’t remember what the precise theme was, anyway it was one of the free ones 🙂