Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

custom html before content

Hi,

Is there a way to add custom HTML before and after content instead of before and after post?

You can use the Custom HTML Tool for this (Tools -> Custom HTML).

See also this post:

Statistics ?

There are two settings in the custom HTML tool- before the post and after the post. I wanted to inject custom HTML just before and just after the content.

Hi,

In this case the only way is using theme overrides: https://getpublii.com/dev/theme-overrides/

Which file has the settings for custom html? Cannot I just change ‘before and after post’ settings to ‘before and after content’? Suppose I am adding adsense code and want it to show just before the content or just after, not right below the header.

You can’t use any these locations:

<html>
        <head>
        </head>

<body>

{!-- Insert some custom code by Custom HTML tool --}}
      {{{@bodyCustomCode}}}

<main class="main"> {{#if @customHTML.beforePost}} {{/if}} {{#if @customHTML.afterPost}} {{/if}} </main>
    {{!-- Insert some custom code by Custom HTML tool --}} {{{@footerCustomCode}}} </body> </html>

If not, don’t forget that you have full control over your theme!

All the code is there and you can add whatever you want (see the developers documentation).