Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Complie Error [Blank Theme]

Hi, I’m downloaded the blank theme for developers to start creating Publii sites. And I made some changes to the config file and uploading it to Publii app and chose the theme I want to use and click on Preview changes and this displays. Could it be all those invalid styles in styles.css and main.css? Which one should I work in, styles.css or main.css?

Rendering process failed
    An error (1002) occurred during parsing index.hbs file.

ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/Users/nicholasoneil/Documents/Publii/sites/kresson-bible-church/input/themes/kresson bible church/assets/css/style.css’

Avoid using spaces in the theme name kresson bible church, I think it should help.

Hi Bob,

Nice to hear from you. I never typed spaces when I created my folder. I created a folder called ‘Websites’ in my Mac’s Document folder and  then, I drag-and-drop a new theme into Publii Theme area in the software. I just verified and my website folder contains a folder named ‘kresson-bible-church’ and the Publii folder > sites also saids, ‘kresson-bible-church’.

Thank you,

Bob

have a look at your theme name ‎⁨(Documents ▸ ⁨Publii⁩ ▸ ⁨sites⁩ ▸ ⁨YOUR_SITE ▸ ⁨input⁩ ▸ ⁨themes⁩ ▸ ⁨kresson bible church)

Hi again Bob,

It’s still kresson-bible-church. Here is a new screenshot:

So most likely this is a  problem that arises from your modifications.

Hi again Bob,

So I copy the blank theme folder into my Websites folder and renamed it. Is that what you’re talking about? I wonder if I copy all the contents from the blank theme and paste it into an empty kresson-bible-church folder. Would this work? Or maybe kressonbiblechurch will work without dashes? I’m learning, Bob

Thank you,

Nick

I’m not a teacher mate 🙂 and I don’t have too much free time for myself 😥

If you want to change the name of the theme you should also update the config.json file.

Hi again Bob,

So, let me make sure I understand. Publii uses the ‘name’ :in the config file: “Kresson Bible Church” and renders it: ‘kresson bible church’. If I put ‘Kresson-Bible-Church’ in the ‘name’: property in the config file, it’ll renders ‘kresson-bible-church’.

Also, I understand you. I love serving the Lord at the churches I go to and I have a tough time managing what I do. Thank you Bob for explaining.

Thank you,

Nick