Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Can't upload site anymore

Hello,

when I try to upload my site, the process stucks on step “Uploading website” as the screenshot attached showes.

When I click cancle, I get an errormessage that I made another screenshot of.

Best
    Cls

Hi,

Please attach me in a private reply all log files from Tools -> Log viewer

This reply has been marked as private.

Please remove file files-remote.json from your server and then please try to sync your website again.

Thanks, that helped, but only for this time.

The next upload stucks again.

Best,
    Cls

Could you attach your files-remote.json which is currently on your server?

It seems that your files.publii.json file is partially uploaded. What causes the sync issues.

Could you remove that file again and check if the problem reappears few times in a row?

I tried it two more times. Its always the same. After deleting the files.publii.json it works, but not for the next upload.

Could you attach in a private reply a backup of your website? You can send it using send.firefox.com

I have tried few times to reproduce your issue on my hosting, but it is always working without any problems.

I have also made an analyse of the app source code, but I do not see a reason of the issue.

BTW – are you using the latest version of Publii (0.35.2)?

This is strange, I tested it with another operating system now, with Ubuntu instead of Windows with a fresh installation of publii and my existing files. Its the same error.

The deployment-erros.log shows an error that I attached.

Also the local file files.remote.json in the config folder early ends uncompleted at the same point. The files.publii.json in the local output folder does not end uncompleted. Its a valid json file.

I am using 0.35.2 on both operating systems.

Hello,

i reportet a similar problem in the old ticket system at 04. October, https://publii.ticksy.com/ticket/2173510/.

I noticed the error after a chromium-upgrade in my linux mint machine, but i am not a profi, it’s all what i think. Also the re-installation of older version publii-0.32.4 don’t work.

The only thing which I currently can consider is a slow internet/server connection. I cannot see any other reason which can cause that randomly finished JSON file :/

But I have no idea how I can reproduce it.

Can you check other hosting service?

I am currently not in my home country but the Internet connection ist good here everywhere. I am back next week and I will check it then again also with another server. Thank you for the efforts!

Using another Server worked. Switching back to the old server worked too.
    I also had to delete the files.publii.json again.

I don’t know what was wrong here. But it is working now! Thx for the effort!