Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Bug fix for Massively Theme

Like the person in this post, I was trying to edit the hero text in the Massively theme. The suggested solution is not correct, so I dug around and discovered a bug in Massively’s config.json. I have tried repeatedly to post a diff, but WordFence keeps rejecting my post, so here is a step-by-step how-to. I hope the fix makes its way into a future release.

File: massively/config.json, version 1.1.1.0

1. Delete lines 132-142 that specify a separator (possibly optional, but it keeps the GUI consistent)
    2. Delete the p tags in line 147; none of the other note fields in the json file use HTML tags.
    3. Change value from default to post.

Site maintainers: please fix your WordFence configuration so that code blocks, or URLs, or whatever it was that I was running afoul of, can be submitted.

What is in your opinion a bug here? You can edit the hero’s text via the theme settings, so where’s the bug?

Except I could not edit the hero text in the theme settings until I applied the fix I described above. Here it is with the theme as downloaded:

And here it is with the modified theme:

I was having the same problem as described in https://forum.getpublii.com/topic/how-to-remove-default-text-in-massively-theme/#post-3985 until I modified the config.json

Ok, I got it, the intro text field is missing when the “Selected post” is selected in the Front page section.
    Fixed in the 1.1.2.0 theme version https://marketplace.getpublii.com/themes/massively/

Ah, so the Intro Text field was only appearing when the Front Page Displays was set to Latest Posts? Front Page Displays was one of the first things I changed; I guess that’s why I never stumbled upon the distinction. Thanks for updating the theme!