Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Bookmarks in links, so you can link to a specific location on a page

Is it possible to use bookmarks (links wit the hashtag symbol) to jump to a selected heading on a page?
    “”Jump to Chapter 4“”

Jump to Chapter 4

Yeap,  just selects the Eternal link option and provide your anchor name with a #hash sign.

Thanks! Does this also work for links to internal (post) pages? Is there a way to add the required ID field to elements on the post (for example the H2 headings)? Do I have to go into the HTML editor to do this and will the ID be preserved if I later edit the heading with the WYSIWYG editor?

Just try. The only Block and Markdown editors automatically generate the IDs for the headings.

Still, anchor links in Navigation as well as in the text itself are not possible. When choosing the block editor and trying to link to an anchor on the same page, I cannot do it. It is just possible to link to other pages or external urls. Would be great to include this as a standard option to integrate anchor links (e.g. if you have sources at the bottom of the page, you anchor link to in the text).