Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Blog Post Background Color

Hello,

Is there any place that allows for changing the blog post’s background color?

Currently, I keep having this show up:

Screen-Shot-2019-12-01-at-17.00.17

Hi,
    Use Custom CSS tool.

I have tried that.

But I don’t seem to get it right:

Do not use a `

Hi Bob,

I tried your suggestion and nothing changed.

Mate, I just suggested you where and how you should apply your CSS rules. We do not provide a custom work service through the forum, instead, you can use our dedicated service for this type of work https://getpublii.com/customization-service/

[anonymous] wrote:

Hi Bob,

I tried your suggestion and nothing changed.

Use the code below if you are using simple theme ( Go to Tools>CustomCSS>Normal):

`.post { background:green;}`

If that does not work ( it worked for me), then you should use the customization service as suggested by Bob.

Hey Bob, I don’t understand your aggressiveness.

I’m new to webdev. I tried the things you suggest and the page background doesn’t change at all. It has nothing to do with asking for a customization service. And asking for help with a single line code is not the same as asking the internet to build my blog for me.  I thought the point of coming here was for support, especially for a piece of software that is supposed to make life easier.

ajeet’s post did help. Thank you. What I was missing was `.post`

I have coded my own website from scratch before, but injecting bits of code is something new entirely for me. I defaulted to Publii for the blog portion of it, as I don’t want to have to write down entire pages in HTML/CSS/JS for my non case-studies.

Again, thanks everyone for trying to help.

@energy, I wasn’t aggressive 🙄 , I think you misunderstood my intentions.
    A lot of people ask how to customize their websites, but we are not able to develop the app (it’s free and open-source) and at the same time support this kind of work.
    I just explained to you, that if you need help not directly related to the app, you should use our “Custom Work” service.