Bad responsive image generation
- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 4 days ago by .
- November 2, 2019 at 12:17 pm #673Geko
First, I’m grateful you created Publii, you did a fantastic job. You had a revolutionary vision, and you made it. So thank you for this.
Currently, I’m using the Mercury template on my website (http://georgekovacs.me/) with some modifications to the CSS.
I have some problems with the generated responsive images an the image handling:
– The generated Large image is not big enough. On my 15′ retina MacBook pro, it’s blurry. So I need to upload a big picture and rename them to the L size format to have a crisp image. This is pretty tiresome. Please add a retina-ready size to the generation process.
– The image generation algorithm is not the best. The generated images are too big. My uploaded retina ready images are smaller than the generated M size images. Please use a better one. I use https://tinypng.com/, but https://imageoptim.com/mac do a great job too, and it’s opensource.
– Setting the image properties is not working: like setting the height of the images.
– The generated preview is often wrong: full or wide size images are displayed left-aligned and small. After uploading, they are okay.
One more question: do you plan to upload more themes, or can I create a new one to add to the marketplace? If yes, then what is the process?
Thanks again for your excellent job!
GeorgeNovember 2, 2019 at 6:17 pm #676Geko
Sorry, https://imageoptim.com/mac is not as good as tinypng, I was wrong.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.