Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

0.36 giving “Publii.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it…

Hi – I just enthusiastically install the new 0.36 version of Publii to get the following message when I launch it:

<b>“Publii.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.</b>

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Safari downloaded this file today at 16:23 from <b>getpublii.com</b>.

can’t seem to get round it…. I am running Mac OS 10.15.4

Any ideas?

Many thanks

OK – so I found this on the Apple site: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

I presume there is no way around this other than to turn off gatekeeper whilst installing Publii…

Hi Rogp,

I have made a notarization for the Publii app before the official release. It is weird case, because I have checked it now on second mac where Publii wasn’t installed earlier and it runs properly. I have even got an information that Publii is an app downloaded from the internet and Apple didn’t detected any malicious software on it.

So I have no idea why you got your message – maybe there is some issue with the gatekeeper database sync or something else.

Hi Tomasz – thanks for the response… – ok no problem, I will have a look at that on my machine…

Thanks again 🙂

I have even made notarization again to be sure 🙂

No errors getting notarization info.

Date: 2020-05-27 17:20:09 +0000
    Hash: 4765d425ddf94c11ef73176a13a162453bbb74c23180277642209fe8c62c2e58
    LogFileURL: https://osxapps-ssl.itunes.apple.com/itunes-assets/Enigma113/v4/4d/93/16/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    RequestUUID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Status Code: 0
    Status Message: Package Approved